Pages

May 24, 2019

Watermelon City


          Once upon a time, I wandered by accident into a wonderful world of watermelon. Surely, it was my destiny to discover that enchanted land for I am one who particularly loves watermelon. 
I had never seen anything like it. Piles and piles of watermelon stretched endlessly throughout the city!


There was no particular reason I went there. The Laotian city was not very touristy. But for me, I was delighted by the strange unique attraction of seeing multiple people selling the same product, watermelons, in the same area and having a mind blowing amount of surplus which couldn't possibly all be eaten or sold.  

Please view the video tour to begin to wrap your mind around of the sheer unfathomable vastness of this world of watermelons:

            



Hope you enjoyed the journey. The city was called Thakhek. I wonder if I visit there again if it would still be full of watermelons? 



Although I captured a lot, I didn't even record ALL of the watermelons in that city. It was just too many... And in case anyone is wondering, yes I bought a watermelon and it was delicious.   

Roselle Juice was also delicious 

Thakhek also contained this large interesting tree: 


I'm in the tree

Thanks for reading..  

No comments:

Post a Comment