Pages

February 2, 2015

What to do in San Diego

I spent quite a bit of time in the San Diego area, so here are a few of my suggestions.. 
  • In-N-Out Burger











This was the first place my friend from San Diego took me to when I arrived. It's a tasty part of California culture! I had heard about them but have never seen any in other states.

  • Sea World


awesome hat I bought at sea world


It had fun rides and there was a part where Shamu actually break-danced!    O.o

  • The San Diego Zoo
The world famous San Diego Zoo.  I learned that a lot of the plants there inspired the artwork of Dr. Seuss. At least that's what the workers told us.
Also, they had some crazy looking turtles there.










These seats look like a butt

  • Eat Food at Costco!

Big wine bottles for sale

San Diego had several Costco's and I love Costco! But what I don't love is that it has a yearly membership fee just to shop there! 
However, it is a wholesale store and could still save you money to shop there and be worth it in the long run but only if you live in a city that has a Costco.
I wasn't a member but a friend of mine was and I was allowed to go inside as long as I'm with him. 

Inside of Costco's are lots and lots of free samples of food! :)

There are actually enough free samples for a meal if you stay long enough and walk around. So, we started going to Costco every morning for breakfast!
If you are a member, or know someone that is, or hopefully meet someone that is, then you can easily enjoy the wide variety of free food samples in this great wholesale store!




  • Look at Cool Looking Plants
I know this isn't really a typical "what to do" travel recommendation (neither is the Costco one, haha) but I would like to express that I really liked the way the plants look in that city.






  • Gas Lamp Quarter
The gas lamp quarter is an area with bars, restaurants, historical buildings, tourists, hostels, hotels, shops, and nightlight. 
Below is a picture of me at a shisha bar in the gas lamp quarter.

By the way, I don't consider myself a smoker but I enjoy shisha about once or twice a year. So, Mom, please don't freak out if you're reading this, haha.


  • Iron Mountain




A friend of mine took me hiking up Iron Mountain. When I got higher up, I saw many hills across the distance speckled with rocks. Some of those rocks looked a bit interesting.

If you look at the picture below you can see a rock formation that looks like a penis and 2 balls!


Do you see it? It's in the center





And this picture above looks kind of like a hand with a middle finger flipping us off!

There were also other rocks that looked like other things too like faces and asses but I didn't post those pictures so go see for yourself.


  • Check out the awesome wave pool at Mission Beach!
Sorry, but I don't have a picture. I'd rather you just go see it for real!  
Ok, the real reason is my camera was out of battery that day when I went. I thought It was pretty cool, so I have to list it.

  • Ect.
 There are many things you could do to have fun in San Diego.
I won't list Everything I could say since I believe in a healthy dose and wandering around randomly (if the location is safe, use common sense and keep well-informed) and that has often led me to discover many great things in this world. 
  I wanted to list some of the main things and a few not so main things to give a few ideas.




Another thing one might consider while in San Diego is crossing the border to Tijuana, Mexico. I did and I definitely don't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment