Pages

August 24, 2015

Visiting the sacred rock in the middle of nowhere


 I had managed to find myself a ride to Alice Springs. Which is a town with a decent amount of establishments surrounded by a land ocean like much of the overwhelmingly vast outback is.
Like most who come to Alice Springs, my next goal was to visit the famous Uluru.
But unlike many, I did not want to take a tour.  But I wasn't able to find a rideshare so I ended up taking a tour. However, I'm so glad that I did. I met a lot of cool people on that tour and made some friends. 

  Uluru is way out there and to my surprise, tours were good priced.. I went with Mulgas adventure company and 
It includes more than just Uluru, There's King's canyon and a few other sites as well.

Like this place for example:







  
                                                                                                        Our guide seemed to be super uncomfortable whenever I stood close to edges.. which I did alot.


We got to draw on the windows along the way
                              
Anyway our guide, Geajay, was awesome.  He taught us how to find witchetty grub worms. Which is one way Aboriginals found food in that harsh desert. 




They are not easy to find and can sometimes take quite a bit of digging. 
 Another guy and I wanted to eat it.  Geajay, told us that the worms tastes like peanut butter but to me It tasted like egg. Inside the worm is some kind of yellow fluid. So, maybe the worms and eggs have a similar protein or something?  And the skin was a bit leathery and chewy. As gross as it may have looked, it didn't taste bad at all.



             





danger
We also visited this place that we were told is just as sacred to the Aboriginal people as Uluru but less tourists because it's less advertised..






And we layed down on a super big edge..



          



that sun is bright!




there's a lizard in this pic
 We walked around Uluruu..






I noticed something.. There is a brain on Uluru! Do you see it? Perhaps it's one reason the Aboriginals consider it sacred??




I'm looking the other way

Geajay also told me some of the false information he gave to gullible people. He said that he convinced someone that Uluru is an Australian secret Nuclear Missile Site and that the whole thing can open up to launch missiles!






We camped out in the outback for 3 days. and watched the sunrise each morning.




Anyway, It was awesome. more than I can describe here. So for now I'll close this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment