Pages

October 7, 2015

Cat City




There's a city in Malaysia called Kuching, which in Malay language means Cat.  Wow, I wonder what is the deal with names in Malaysia?? In Malaysia, I also visited a National Park named National Park!

Kuching had quite a few cats in it, it also had cat statues around the town.



It even has a museum about cats! This city is truly pawsome, hahaha. 
Seriously though, it's a good place and not only because of cats.



  I also took a couple day trips to places nearby. There are National Parks nearby Kuching, But in case you are wondering, no, the national park that's called national park is not one of those nearby national parks.  My British friends and I went to explore one and saw some monkeys.







I also went to an annual music festival in a rainforest called Rainforest Music Festival. 
ha, again with these names. It was near Kuching and had bands from around the world.


Kuching was my first destination in Sarawak, which is a state in Malaysia but requires a separate stamp in the passport for that particular area for some reason? 

There is a river that runs through the city and there is a ferry that can take you across. The atmosphere is a little different on the other side. It's more residential and with less buildings and there is a big outdoor food court. It sells great fruit smoothies and a variety of Malaysian foods.


I ate plenty of Laksa there, Laksa is a fucktastic Malaysian dish. Different regions of Malaysia have different styles of laksa. I haven't tried them all yet but I am big fan of Sarawak Laksa. 
If you want to learn more about this fucktastic food and it's varieties in regions, there's a great infograph by Expedia. I wanted to put the image directly in this blog, but I'm extremely paranoid about copy right rights so here's a link.


Below, is a beautiful place I found after walking away from the main area to the left. No one was around. But that white building was locked. Of course that didn't stop me from using my climbing skills and discovering there was 1 unlocked window on the second story. ^^
Inside wasn't much, it looked like an unfinished musuem or some kind of small fortress.


That building in the pic below is some kind of government building. I went there at night and loved the atmosphere. Though, I didn't see a sign, I might not have been allowed to be there as we had to climb over a fence to get near it but it was worth it. 


Danny and me
I'm standing in the center
Scorpion
In this city, someone introduced me to rice wine. I noticed they sell it in many bars and because it's homemade and not anything brand named, it always seems to be really cheap and really good.   

Have you ever heard of Li Ching-Yuen? He's a Chinese dude that died in 1933 and supposedly lived to be 256 years old! And in his diet included rice wine.
I'm not saying I believe this, but I don't disbelieve it either. So I figured I'd take a shot at longevity by taking shots of rice wine! :D


One more thing I must mention about Kuching. There seems to be a lot of prostitutes out at night. So don't be surprised if one grabs your dick even while your  just trying to walk to the 7-11. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment