Pages

January 26, 2015

Camping in Niagara Falls State Park

While visiting Niagara Falls I decided to save money by camping in the state park and I had a good experience while doing so. So if you visit Niagara Falls while on a budget or just like to camp (both of those things applied to me), it's something you could consider doing too.
  While walking and looking for a good area in the park to camp in, I came across a tree with some type of fruit growing from it. I didn't, however, recognize what it was. Actually, they looked like apples except they were really small like cherries.  



This has to be edible, I thought. So, I picked some and ate them. They tasted like an apple, only a little more sweet and sour. Maybe they really were miniature apples? I collected a bunch and took them with me. There was many of them (there was when I was there in September 2013) and they were tasty. So try to find them if you go there! :)

 I didn't see any signs or anything that said camping wasn't allowed but I still wanted to stay hidden just in case and also for privacy. 
I walked across a field and then into the woods until I couldn't see the road.

My camping spot

What I quickly noticed was that the soil was loaded with worms!
I didn't have to dig to find worms, just scraping the ground a little with a stick unveiled many worms.



It was nice to camp.



In the town of Niagara Falls there was just hotels, tourist crap and pricey restaurants. I eventually started buying food from 7-11. I liked the state park and the waterfalls but I got really tired of the tourist town that was around it. However, that town did have something I like...   This building 





So, I spent most of my time in the park. It was so beautiful.





I also found some leaves that look like mustaches.
 Nobody bothered me in those woods and I camped in that park for a couple nights... 
And I discovered that at night, they light up the falls with colored lights.






No comments:

Post a Comment