Pages

January 24, 2015

Standing next to Niagara Falls

Inside Niagara Falls State Park I saw something that surprised me.  
             This...




Wow, that's cool, however, I usually expect WiFi to be in a building and not in an outside nature place. Maybe It was coming from the visitor center but it ranged a lot further away.
 I continued into the park and found the path that led to a stoned area right next to the falls from which I got to gaze down at the big majestic waterfalls.




I noticed a wooden platform down below that people in yellow poncho's were on and it led right next to the base of the roaring waterfall!  I instantly became jealous.

I would probably rather see the falls from the bottom looking up than from the top looking down. Actually i wanted to see them from both points of view but I know it would be more intense looking at it from the bottom.





                                           Oh no,.. that old guy's ass is in the picture.


After looking at all of the waterfalls from above, I decided to find out how to get on the platform to look at them from below.  I found the ticket booth for it.  The name of that attraction was The Cave of the Winds and it cost $11.

   I bought the ticket and was given a yellow poncho and shower shoes; we had to take our other shoes off. Then I was taken into an elevator inside of rock and went down...





I saw rapids raging down from the waterfall and boulders speckled across as I walked that wooden platform. The higher I went up the platform, the closer I got to the base of the waterfall. Eventually, I reached the special section called the Hurricane Deck. 

It allowed you to stand right next to the bottom of the waterfall. It was windy and water poured down intensely.
It was really like being in a hurricane! I loved it. it was awesome! Actually it was... fucktastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment