Pages

January 17, 2015

Going to a NYC Comedy Show

If you go to Times Square then you will most likely have someone try to sell you tickets to a comedy show. I had been to New York City a few times in the last few years and each time that I went to Times Square I found people selling those comedy show tickets. 
 So, of course while Cody and I were in times square, somebody was selling tickets to a comedy show even though it had been over a year since I had been there before that day...  It's like nothing had changed.  So I'm guessing this a thing in New York and they probably have comedy shows all the time.. 

 Perhaps reading my experience will help you know what to expect if you ever visit Times Square and are thinking about buying those tickets. 


The ticket salesmen said there was well known comedians there. It sounded like fun and I had never been to a comedy show before, so I decided to buy a ticket.  It was $30 for both of us, so $15 for one person. It doesn't sound like a bad price for New York,  however there was one catch...

 You are required to buy 2 drinks minimum. It was printed in small print at the bottom of the ticket. Turns out that's pretty much how all the big comedy club in New York are. OK, so, I could handle a little bit deceit I guess. I mean it was where famous comedians were and was a well known comedy club of New York...

We finally figured out how to get there, after getting a bit lost first. 



The comedy club we went to

Okay, 2 drinks. How bad can that be? I figured that since we had to buy drinks, they might more expensive, like 3 or 4 dollars for a water or coke. Nope!  It was $6 for juice or coke and $9.99 FOR 1 FUCKING BEER!!!
But Of course there are rich old dudes wearing suites inside there and perfectly willing to pay those prices... which only encourages it. I mean really?  I've never heard of prices like that. I didn't think they could be That high. That is some cheesy ass shit!  And they can get away with it of course since comedian big-shots go there, people are wiling to be deceitfully fucked!
Oh, and then they also make you pay a certain % gratuity tip for bringing us drinks.
  But other than my bitching, It was indeed a nice place. It looked kinda like what you see on T.V. with stand-up comedians and yes the show was hilarious. I can't tell the jokes here because of copyright rights. No one was allowed to take videos either. The show lasted until after midnight.
Oh, and also a girl flashed her boob to prove that it was pierced.

Well, that's all I have to say about that. Wow, looking back, I guess most of this post is just me complaining!  Anyway, I'm going to upload some pictures from the same night. 







No comments:

Post a Comment